What Separates Great Leaders From Good Leaders
A great leaders success requires extensive efforts and professionalism. Being a great leader an individual must focus, have consistency, obtain discipline and have dedication. Great leaders are easily distinguished from good leaders by their skills and measure of dedication. A great leader is willing invest their time, do the work necessary and make sacrifices. A great leader has the ability to think clearly, sort through clutter and anticipate well. This is called critical thinking skills, which are separated, in six key skills, which are interpretation, analysis, evaluation, inference, explanation and self-regulation.
Characteristic Of A Good And Great Leader
- Good leaders make assumptions/Great leaders asks questions.
- Good leaders wait for feedback/Great leaders solicits feedback.
- Good leaders find reasons for problems/Great leaders find the solutions for problems.
- Good leaders take notes/Great leaders take action.
- Good leaders work at a job/Great leaders invest their lives in what they do.
- Good leaders lead through declarations/Great leaders lead through influence.
- Good leaders get people to believe in them/Great leaders inspire others to believe in themselves.
How A Great Leader Is Considered And Judged
- How well and consistently someone obtains or accomplishes results.
- The individual has the ability to conform to accepted standards, but also can redefines the standards.
- The great leaders passion, determination and perseverance inspires others to produce at different levels, which gives more than commonly accepted.
- The individual manages others exceptionally and creates an environment that produces outstanding performances.
- The great leader is humble, which enables them to understand their job, duties and obligations.
- They have the ability to know their customers inside and out.
Becoming A Great Leader
Many great leaders have simply gone to school and improved on their trade. With other great leaders, their leadership was created from the outcome of hard work, experience, perspective and dedication. As an individually furthers their leadership skills they will recognize pivot points and transitions that will create a certain rhythm and balance. As a great leader you will be able to find purpose, put people first, develop awareness, defer from complexity and get personal. When you have clearly defined the purpose this will fuel your passion and work ethic, which will give you a competitive advantage.
As a great leader developing awareness in all aspects of self, organizationally, culturally, contextually and emotionally will give you a strong upper hand. This will allow you to avoid the traps; gaps and blind spots that can be easily begin a problem. Being a great leader you must be willing to change your mind, which will help to keep from the lack of growth and development that can occur. Defer from complexity this can slow developments and growth of your business. Also getting personal is a great method to show your customers that you care for their satisfaction. Getting personal by displaying empathy, kindness, compassion is a great strength to build your business further.
Til’ Next Time,